Tuesday, April 26, 2011

EASY STROGANOFF

I think I remember Andrew saying one time that stroganoff was one of his favorite meals... either way, he better eat it.

Stroganoff
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces macaroni

Directions
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the meat and onions until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. - Try not to cry. Those onions are killer! One tip I recently learned... breathe through your mouth. It actually wasn't too bad once I remembered to actually do this.


Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. - Now, let me tell you about my spoon. Listen to your mothers. Never buy wooden utensils unless they are carved out of a solid piece of wood. The only upside to this misfortune is that it easily fit into the mushroom can and is very good at scrapping the inside.


Stir in the flour, salt and paprika. Then add the mushroom soup, mix well and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes. - Easy, peasy.


Reduce heat to low and add the sour cream, stirring well and allowing to heat through. Cover and set this mixture aside. - At this point, go back and read the ingredients. No where in the recipe does it say to actually double the amount of sour cream. Oops. The good news: I had enough ingredients on hand to make it a double batch. Now I can freeze the half of it and heat it up some other time. On that note, let's just say I planned to do that.


Drain the water from the noodles and pour the meat mixture over the noodles. - Nom, nom, nom.

1 comment:

  1. About that unions: I just saw on a TV-show about cooking, that you're not going to 'cry' if you just take some water in your mouth. (Not swallow, just hold it in your mouth) You should try once! :D

    ReplyDelete