Thursday, April 28, 2011

NERVES

Remember those wedding nightmares I had been talking about? The ones where I didn't have a wedding dress and we didn't have wedding bands and it was on a beach and no one came.... Well, forget those! Now, its 5k nightmares.

In my dream last night, I was running the 5k around a very small track with a ton of other people. Because I was the last one to finish, they had already changed into costumes (?!?) and we starting to party on the track thus blocking me from finishing the race. Not that it mattered, because I was so slow that they stopped keeping track of time before I was even done!

Now I know I'm slow, but not that slow! Oh geez... I will have to do another trial run this weekend to calm my nerves. But why am I even nervous? I'm not running this for time. I'm running the 5k to prove to myself that with hard work, I can do it! The same thing happened before RAGBRAI, and I didn't let that slow me down. (470+ miles ain't got nothing on me!)

While you are sipping on your margs and Coronas on May 5, don't forget to think of my huffing and puffing through my 5k. Who knows? Maybe I will even enjoy it so much I will want to try something bigger and badder (I'm thinking Disney Princess Half Marathon! Who doesn't want a tiara-shaped medal?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment