Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE

Let me start by saying how thankful I am to everyone and anyone willing to get through a tough start to a book. Without you, I would have given up long ago. Not only was the beginning of this book confusing and dull, I didn't see a lot of character development and it was hard to relate. But because of the people out there willing to stick it out and let me know that it actually was a good book, I made it!


Now, the storyline of the book is really not my thing. Time traveling and romance rarely come together, and the thought of it didn't quite make sense. But the author did it so well. In the end, it wasn't about the time travel at all. The love story between the main characters overshadows any odd scenarios that can come up when one person is traveling through time.


If you ask most people they will tell you that I am not a fan of the mushy, chick-oriented, sappy, love crap. I find it over-the-top and completely unrealistic. Let's get real. Although this book is far from anything real (ummm time travel?), the story of their relationship, their struggles, and their strong bond is very believable.


It made me wonder what I would do without Andrew, and I had to stop reading more than a few times when the book made me really think about a life without the love of my life. Before I get all emotional on you, I will just end by saying that this book has made the list of favorites. Now I just hope the movie can live up to the book. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment