Today as I was contemplating getting myself a nice, warm latte from Scooters, I realized that I couldn't make up my mind because I felt so guilty about it. This is ridiculous. I brown-bag my lunch everyday. Why should I feel guilty about treating myself to coffee That got me thinking about my other guilty pleasures...
1. Starbucks/Scooters/etc - I crave this stuff daily. I limit myself though because I can't justify spending $4/daily on the stuff. Alternative: McDonald's - There iced coffee isn't bad!
2. Celebrity Magazines - I love reading all of the gossip, fashion tips, and "fun facts." Although I rarely buy them, I do have acceptions including vacation (just another reason I can't wait for Vegas!) I always feel like I hit jackpot when I get to browse one in a doctor's office free of charge. Alternative: Sucking up as much celeb gossip as I can while I make Andrew wait in line to pay for stuff. He hates this and even talked about getting me a subscription so I would stop.
3. Alcohol - Let me clarify, I only feel guilty about this during the week. Some days I just want to come home after a long day and drink a beer without the guilt. Alternative: Take drinks of Andrew's beer.
4. Mani/Pedi - I always think about what else I could be using mani/pedi money for. That's why this one happens close to never. Alternative: I cheap bottle of new nail polish. This week's color: mint green.
5. Taking unplanned time off - I often have the feeling that if I'm not doing something, I'm doing something wrong. This thought process is just wrong. I took Tuesday off of work. I was extremely tired, it was raining, I had a headache, and was in a terrible mood. I needed a day off, but I felt guilty about it. Alternative: No real alternative. Everyone needs time off. Bummer.