Thursday, January 27, 2011

RESTAURANT REVIEW: BRICK HOUSE

After a Tuesday that felt like it could have lasted an entire week, Andrew and I treated ourselves to dinner and drinks at a new place in town called Brick House Tavern and Tap. Although this restaurant is geared toward men, I enjoyed it just as much as Andrew did.


The food and drink selection was great. We started with an app of soft pretzels. Omg. I should have just gotten these as my meal! With two different types of mustard for dipping choices, I was in heaven. I know my friend Emily would have enjoyed the Meatloaf Sliders, and I will have to try those the next time they come to visit!


For the main meal, Andrew got the Big Boy Prime Rib Sandwich and I got the Yard Bird Chicken Sandwich with garlic parm tots. Believe me, this restaurant was a winner from the moment I read tots. Shouldn't all restaurants serve tots?




Although I expected more beers on the menu, I can't say that I was disappointed. I had a few Blue Moon beers in the "Man Size" - 20 oz. Although the waitress keep trying to tempt us with a "Beer Bong" - more commonly know as a beer tower - there was no way I could help finish one of those on a weeknight.


Other highlights included: mini fact cards with the waitress name, picture and fun facts on it (good idea!) and a check that came out in a Little Black Book!

The only downfall I can think of was the waitresses outfits. They were beyond tacky! I understand who their target audience is, but come on! It was worse than Hooters.

After we left, Andrew and I decided that this was a new favorite of ours and we give it a solid 9.5 out of 10. Have you been to this place before? What did you think?

Brick House Tavern+Tap on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Went there twice in one week. Love it. Justin Sullivan even nicknamed our waitress Shortstack. Let's just say the outfit was less than flattering on her...

    ReplyDelete