Monday, January 24, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: FIRST IN THE SERIES

Since my last book update, I have done A LOT of reading. I almost feel bad for slacking on my book reviews... Almost!


The Hunger Games -

Addictive! I did not want to put it down. Although this book is for the younger crowd, I had heard such good things that I wasn't going to let it pass by me without giving it a try. And I'm glad I did. I even convinced Andrew to read this one - it only took him a couple of days! After he finished it, he couldn't resist and bought the second and third book in the series.


The main character, Katniss, pulls you in from the very beginning. You can't but help cheer her through all of the challenges she faces, and there are a lot of them! And it wouldn't be a good story without a little romance! It isn't quite clear where her loyalty lies between the two boys in her life, but she has a good head on her shoulders and I'm sure the winner will prevail soon enough.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -

This book was def. meant for the older crowd. Between the graphic sexual scenes, potty mouth, and murder, there isn't a lot of room left for the warm-fuzzy feelings. This suspense novel can be confusing at times (it is so hard to keep their names/relationships straight), it's worth the work. Even once the murder has been solved, there are other elements of the book that take you pull you back in.


I'm currently reading the second book in this series, and it's just as good as the first! I will do a full review of both The Girl Who Played With Fire and Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series) in my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment