Tuesday, January 8, 2013

CHI TOWN

This weekend I was able to visit my friend Katie in Chicago. I always joke that it's like a real vacation because her studio is like my hotel. The best hotel ever because it has a cute cat, Rosie!

Sick | Not Sick

Katie got really sick on Saturday putting quite the damper on our plans for the day. So with a change of plans, I did a lot of reading, strolled around her neighborhood, did a little shopping, and watched her sleep (Ok, that sounds creepy... but I kind of did. Studio apartment, remember?) Her awesome boyfriend, who was supposed to be leaving the city for the weekend but stayed to hang out with me while Katie was ill, took me to watch the Packers game at a bar with some of his friends. What a cool dude! (No pics... Didn't want to look creepy with a bunch of people I didn't know.)

Katie's waffle sandwiches were pretty cute. One and a half thumbs up.

On Sunday, Katie seemed to be feeling much better so we met up with her friend, Sarah, at the breakfast place of my choosing, Waffles. I give it one thumb up mostly because we had a drawing competition that involved spotted antelope, caturtles, and a sick looking dog. The food was nothing spectacular.

If we played "Guess the price!" you would all lose.

And then some shopping where I found a deal that was too good to be true! Please be jealous of my beautiful new purse. Other than that, we did a lot of lazy napping and tv watching, football and Downton Abbey!

Overall, it was a very good weekend. I know Katie was quite bummed about her sickness. On the plus side, I even slept in the same bed with her and didn't get sick. I have the immune system of an ox! (I don't even know what that really means... but just know that I am awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment