The past couple of days, I have felt like I have been in a funk. Like nothing was going right, and my self-worth was really low. Here is a short list of things that were on my mind/stressing me out/bringing me down...
- Working on a new project (yet to be named on the blog), and getting nowhere.
- Home DIY projects have been falling through.
- My house is not blog worthy. (This is what happens when you compare your house to other bloggers houses and all of their cute decorating/ideas. Who has time/money for this?)
- Self motivation to work out has been nonexistent.
- My close coworker, Suzie, retired. Without a replacement for her at the moment, I'm staying much busier (or more stressed, whichever).
- My blog posts have been sparse at best. (I feel like I have no free time...)
The next day, I read a devotional when I got to work. It was about Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42). I realized I need to worry less about the details and listen more. I need to slow down, be present in the moment, and realize that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I need to be more like Mary and less like Martha.
Also, I bought a latte today. Lattes usually make bad days better. I hope you are having a good day, too!