Tonight, Andrew and I whipped up some Taco Stuffed Pasta. Boom! (Kinda like Emeril? Where is this coming from?)
I don't know where I first saw this recipe. In fact, I couldn't even find the one I saw online and had to kind of make this up as I went along. Bear with me.
Jumbo pasta shells
1 lb ground meat
Taco seasoning (one packet or 1/4 cup)
2/3 cup water
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce
1/2 cup (or more... I won't judge) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Boil the pasta shells until tender but not floppy (very technical terms).
2. Turn your oven on. Set to 375 degrees.
3. Cook your meat and add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 10 mins. Cube cream cheese, add to the taco meat, and stir until completely melted.
4. Add and spread salsa to the bottom of a 9x9" glass pan.
5. Stuff the pasta shells with the taco meat mixture and add them to the pan. I was able to add about 12 large stuffed shells.
5. Top with 1 cup taco sauce and stick it in the oven. Bake for 15ish mins. Add cheese, return to oven until the cheese has melted.
I give this recipe an 8.5 for ease of preparation and taste! Andrew gives this recipe a score of, "This is f---ing good!"