Monday, September 6, 2010

I'M EXHAUSTED

What a weekend! I'm beat! 

It started on Friday with Andrew's parents coming to town. We enjoyed a night in the Old Market with dinner at Upstream Brewery (Thai Chicken Salad..yum!) and drinks at Old Market Tavern. Brandon, Justin, and my brother Chris joined us, and I think everyone had a good time!



Saturday, the boys began the day by going to breakfast and Cabella's for some guy time. I can't say that I wanted to go to Cabella's and it gave me time to get some cooking done. Once the boys were done, Jim, Stephanie, Andrew and I ate lunch at a restaurant called Wheatfields in the Old Market. I don't think you can ever go wrong with that place!

Our afternoon was pretty casual and low-key. Then, we met up with my parents and grandpa to go to dinner. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about everyone meeting, but it seemed to go well! After dinner, we headed out for drinks and to catch the end of the Husker game. By this time, Nick and Emily were here! I was so glad to see them!


 We parted ways with my parents and headed to Midtown for das boot at Huber Haus. I was surprised to learn that it was everyone's first time doing the boot except for Andrew and myself! I can tell you that they all caught on pretty quickly! We enjoyed the rest of the evening upstairs at Crescent Moon rocking out to some awesome karaoke.  



Sunday was a pretty quiet day. We had breakfast with Andrew's parents (Wheatfields again!). We said goodbye to them, and hello to my high school friend John and his fiance, Amanda! They had us over for a cookout with some fun games! Some were easier than other, but all of them were fun!



Last night, we headed out to one of our favorite venues in Omaha, The Waiting Room. We saw the bands Orbs and Junius, had plenty of beer, and had a great time!




Since Andrew had to work today and we were all moving pretty slow... Emily and I went thrifting! I was very happy with our purchases! Emily got an awesome new stein, and I found a few frames for a wall art project (I'll be doing a blog on that too!)

How was your Labor Day weekend? I hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment