Thursday, August 21, 2014

AUGUST UPDATE

Sister birthday celebration > fair pumpkin > Em & I made a pie > Alicia & Elliott at Simon's birthday party

Reading: I just finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. It was really good in the beginning, meh in the middle, and pretty good at the end. 7/10 On to my next read, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I remember when I was younger I would get so excited for her weekly column in the Omaha World Herald. I can't wait to really dive into this YA book!

Watching: There is this show called Backyard Farmer on PBS, and I cannot get enough. I have learned so many thing about gardening, bugs, and lawn care. I will probably never put any of this new found knowledge to use, but I sure do love it!

Listening to: I just discovered The Wind and the Wave. I already think it might be my official album for fall, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thinking about: Andrew and I have already decided that it would probably be a good idea to host a Halloween party. October 31 will be here before you know it, and that means I need to get to work dreaming about all of the Halloween crafts that I will never finish. Time to get to work!

Loving: Getting stuff done! I recently made a bedskirt, and I have a few other projects on my plate. It feels so good to cross some things off my list.

Looking forward to: Andrew is taking is month-long sabbatical from work in November-December. I'm looking forward to putting him to work and spending some extra time together. I think we might even be planning a trip!

Making me happy: Spending time with my Omaha friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment