Wednesday, May 28, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2014

Friday: Our neighbor's had they yearly "End of School" bash. We spent the last few days smelling all of the meat that Lisa was smoking, and we knew we couldn't miss it. We met some new people and had fun doing what we do best!


Saturday: I had brunch with my lady friends at a new brunch place called Over Easy. (Good stuff!) I also hit up the fabric store before I made my way home. When I got there, Andrew surprised me when he suggested we take a road trip. He didn't tell me where we were going, but I knew it would be fun. We ended up in Lincoln at a brewery we hadn't been to yet! We got back to town, grabbed some dinner, and headed to the movies to see the new X-Men movie with one of Andrew's coworkers. (More good stuff!)


Sunday: I spent the afternoon at my Aunt Carolyn's house as we celebrated my cousin's son's baptism. There were people there that I hadn't seen in awhile, and it was nice to catch up. Andrew had to work that night, but we were able to squeeze in a few hours of together time before he had to head out.

Monday: It didn't feel like much of a holiday. I spent the day doing things around the house until Andrew got up. Before he headed to work again, we grilled out and watched the Cardinals play baseball. Just doing our part as Americans.

>> Coby helped me bake! <<

In all honesty, I was a little disappointed. I should have started making plans as soon as I knew that Andrew had to work. Instead, I just ended up spending a lot of time catching up on 48 Hours. At least we have some extra room in the DVR!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Kramer MichelsMay 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM

    I think you need to take a surprise roadtrip to Dubuque again, and hopefully I can spend time with you!!!

    ReplyDelete