Wednesday, January 8, 2014

JANUARY 2014 UPDATE

Flater Thanksgiving 2013

Reading: I just finished Ender's Game. It's took me longer than I would have liked, but I thought it was pretty good. Andrew has been thinking about getting a Kindle for us. I think I still might prefer a book with pages and a cover, but I'm not opposed to giving it a try. Any thoughts?

Watching: Rehab Addict on DIY Network has given me unrealistic expectations of how quickly one can finish any project, and I can't stop watching it. I have also been helping Andrew get caught up on Downton Abbey. It's about time!

Listening to: Nothing new unfortunately. I did get the "Girls" soundtrack vinyl album for Christmas! So that's awesome!

Thinking about: How lonely it can be when Andrew is working nights. I think this has been a lot harder for me than I have let on. Sundays are especially hard because I'm alone for most of the day. There isn't work to distract me, and I'm usually just waiting around for Andrew to wake up so we can hang out before he goes to work. I'm going to try to makes some changes by hanging out with friends and doing projects. I also need to change my attitude about it and look at it in a positive light. I'm working on it...

Loving: My new job. I love the people I work with, I love the difference I'm making, and I love how much I am learning and growing personally and professionally. I have been so blessed, and I'm glad that God has led me to this place.


Looking forward to: Andrew and I wrote out our trips we have planned for the year so far. Colorado, Packers game, visiting family and friends, etc, and I'm looking forward to all of it! I'm even planning something special for Andrew and I on our anniversary weekend in September.


Making me happy: Being around Mason makes me so happy! He is just the best and makes me smile. I love seeing him learn new things and become his own person. He is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment