Thursday, September 12, 2013

JOG IT OUT

Ok, so this 1/2 marathon training is kicking my butt. Not only is it hard physically, it's mentally draining. I run without headphones so I can enjoy the sounds of the outdoors and take it all in, and it gives me plenty of time (maybe too much time) to think about anything and everything. I make lists, I think of things to write in this thing I call my blog, and I try to focus on running. How is my breathing? Where should I be looking? At the ground? Up ahead? I think my strides are too short. Yes, my strides are too short.

I have been really hard on myself lately. When I go out for my runs, I get really disappointed when I walk. I should just be able to push through it, right?  Yeah... no. I want to do my best, but I also want to just finish. Finishing should be more important than my time, but I am having a really hard time getting over that number.

I know I could have trained more/harder. I think I already want to do another one to try and push myself even further (or faster?). But for now I guess I just need to focus on the one I have coming up.

Here she is rocking some bottled water after the race. (Thanks for the photos, facebook!)

My friend Katie has been a big inspiration. She had to take a couple of weeks off of training, and she still ran the whole thing. Booyah! She even wrote me a nice email recently just to let me know that I can do this! Thanks Trem!

Oh, and here is a video that made me laugh. I'll just try to think of his one-liners during my race.

1 comment: