Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AUGUST RECAP

So I guess it has been since April since I last did one of these... Yeah, I should do this more.


Reading: I finished The Sun Also Rises, and I was so thankful that it was over. Moving on. Next up was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, Sharp Object by Gillian Flynn, and currently reading (another throwback) Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Phew. I think next on my list is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

Watching: I have been watching more than enough murder mystery shows. I feel like I should stop for fear of being unjustly implicated in a murder someday because of crime/murder drama show addiction. I have the longest list of shows I need to watch or get caught up on, but for now they will just have to wait.

Listening to: Kacey Musgraves has been on repeat this last week. Holy smokes! I really like her sound. I might have also added a country station to my short cut buttons in my car. This is very unusual for me, and I have no explanation.

Thinking about: What am I doing with my life seems to be a common theme lately. That might have something to do with the blog hiatus. How do you really answer this question? What is the next step and where do I go from here? If anyone would like to get together for drinks to talk about life plans, I'm game. (Emily - I'm talking to you!)

Loving: Andrew started a slightly different schedule at work. He is still working nights, but he is working five days a week instead of four. That means, he doesn't have to go into work until about 8:30 pm. That's two more hours we get to see each other every day - almost double of the total amount of time we were seeing each other! The down side, I don't feel like I'm going to get much done... I would rather just hang out with him. Oh well.

Looking forward to: Getting this 1/2 marathon over with! I want to get back to a place where I run because I want to, not because I have to.

Making me happy: Fall is right around the corner! It's so close. Football, sweatshirts, pumpkin everything. Bring it on... but not until September. I refuse to acknowledge fall until September 1. Then, let the festivities begin!

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOO with you on the "where is my life heading?" Can I meet for drinks too? P.S. Your picture is adorable! P.P.S. Ender's Game was one of my favorite reads so far this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up for drinks the weekend of Sept 6th!! You can draw out my life plans on a napkin again lol

    I have just recently got into watching Glee on Netflix, and am in love with that show and we watch a lot of Sesame Street :)

    ReplyDelete