Sunday, August 18, 2013

2013 IOWA STATE FAIR


So Emily told me that after our visit last weekend, I had to write an epic weekend recap. Well, I didn't take as many pictures as I should have (so you get a lot of the fair), but I'll try to make it as bombtastic as possible.


Thursday: We took off early for DM so we could fully enjoy Nick's bday on Friday. Mat and Ashley stopped by to say hi, but everything was pretty low key.

Friday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK! Emily and I decided to kick a** and do a "stretching" workout... and by stretching I mean evil stoic poses that make your whole body burn. We needed it though. We were going to be eating back all of those calories and then some at the fair that day. The Iowa State Fair did not disappoint. Emily and I mapped out all of the best food so we could take full advantage of everything the fair had to offer.


Saturday: After recovering from our food coma, we headed straight to the farmers market - the most logical choice of course. We didn't really buy much except for some bomb yogurt parfaits. And we did get to see my friend, Mallory, and her son, Max!


Saturday night, we grilled out before heading downtown for the Iowa Cubs baseball game. Alex and Kelly joined us for a good game with great weather.

I feel like last weekend was the most epic summer weekend you could have. Fair, grilling out, baseball, good friends! What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment