Thursday, December 27, 2012

GOODBYE FLUFFY


On Christmas Eve, I called my Mom after getting a text from my sister saying that Dad was going to take Fluffy in to the vet. Mom regretfully told me that it was time to put Fluffy down. By Christmas, she could no longer walk or eat solid food. I was so sad to hear the news, but thankful for the many, many years Fluffy was a part of our family. At 18 years old, she had lived a very full life.

There was the time that she decided to run away from home only to come back days later with frostbite on her ear.


She had a few litters of kittens one of which produced a cat, Felix, that found a home with my aunt and unce and their family.


And most recently, while we were having Christmas (a few weeks early) at my parents house, we learned that mom had to put all of the candles into cases to keep Fluffy from catching on fire after she accidentally walked past an open flame and was immediately set ablaze. I guess she didn't even realize her dilemma, and Dad had to rush over and pat her out.

I will miss you dearly, Fluffy! We love you!

The last pic I have of her...

1 comment: