Tuesday, December 18, 2012

GAMES & PAINS

A recent gift (Kong bone) didn't last more than one hour...

I would like to introduce you to a new feature... naughty pet of the week. This week, Coby thought it would be fun to try to bring his outside toy inside. You know, the one with mud and gross-ness all over it? He knows the rules! Silly dog thinks it's a game.


On a more serious note, we had quite the scare with him on Sunday. Andrew abruptly jumped out of bed on Sunday morning. I thought he was just getting up to feed the cats so they would leave us alone until he yelled at me to come downstairs. He sounded anxious and worried, and when I asked what was wrong he said that Coby could barely walk. What?!?

I hurried downstairs and saw Coby trying to come in from outside. It looked almost like his back legs were kind of limp. My heart broke watching him struggle, and I immediately thought the worst. I called the vet and left a message to make an appointment. Andrew and I talked for a bit and thought maybe we should wait a bit to see if he improves before we rush him in. After I got back from my run at about noon, he seemed to be back to normal. So, what the heck was that?

The best I can come up with is that he was in a heavy sleep and his back legs went numb. I just hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon. I'm not sure I could carry him if I had to!

No comments:

Post a Comment