Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ROAD TRIP: DENVER, CO

Hello, Colorado! It has been too long!


Last week, Andrew and I took off for Colorado to celebrate the wedding of Kayci and Brian in Denver and our wedding anniversary in Fort Collins. While I wasn't looking forward to the drive, I was very eager for everything that came after it.

Our first night in town, we were greeted by almost all of Andrew's family for dinner and drinks. It was so great to see everyone and get a little catching up in before we hit the hay. Unfortunately the day before we left for CO, I came down with a cold that knocked me out early most nights of our trip. So while Andrew got in a little extra time with the family, I got some extra ZZZzzz.


Grandma Mary Lou, Jody, Kayci (bride-to-be), Debra, and me!

Thursday: Andrew left quite early in the morning to play golf with the guys. This gave me some much needed "me" time at Target. I picked up a few things and treated myself to a pumpkin latte before getting ready for the day. I'm so glad I did, because I needed the energy for the awesome lunch that was planned for the girls. We went to an amazing restaurant called Creekside Cellars. Seriously! Can this place be in my backyard? The food and wine were fantastic, and it was great to be able to spend quality time with Andrew's family.

Clockwise from top left: Ian and Meghan, Mary Lou, and Chris's head; Ryan and Olivia; Jim and Andrew

That night was the rehearsal dinner. We talked, laughed, ate too much, drank, played tag/hide-and-seek, and had a great time. Thank you to Brian's family for the wonderful evening!

At the Continental Divide

Friday: We took two cars, nine people, and lots of gum and water on a scenic drive into the mountains. Winter Park, Colorado must been a hopping place in the winter, because on the day that we visited there wasn't a whole lot to see. Maybe we just weren't looking in the right places? Our lunch place was great, but the shops were lacking. Mostly because they were full of winter gear... I'm willing to give it another shot sometime.


Friday night was the wedding, and what a great wedding it was! Kayci looked gorgeous, the ceremony site was almost magical, and everyone had great time. There was dancing, wine, and lots of good memories. Weddings like this should happen more often!

The happy couple! Congrats Kayci and Brian!

Thank you Flater family for another unforgettable time. I'm already looking forward to Florida next summer!

Jenny and Andrew take a nice picture, and I capture Flater time before the ceremony.

The second half of the vacation will be coming in part two!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! I love the one of you and Andy at the Continental Divide!! Can't wait for Part II :)

    ReplyDelete