Thursday, June 14, 2012

GOODBYE APT

Last load of stuff.

 Last weekend we said goodbye to our apartment. We grabbed the last of the boxes, took one last look around, and locked it up for good. Although most of me was relieved to finally be done with it (moving, sharing walls with our neighbors, and terrible landlords), another part of me was really sad to leave. A lot has happened in our lives since we have lived there. As a couple, we got engaged and married, shared many fun nights with friends, and watched more movies than I can count over the two years we called that little box home. Sure, there were few bad times too. But even those times made us grow and learn.

Us at our closing!

I'm so happy to be moving into my first home with Andrew. It's an exciting time. I'm sure this house will bring many great new memories, new challenges, and more adventure. And I can't wait! Before and after pictures coming soon. I can't wait to show you guys all the craft ideas I have in store. (This is where a slyly rub my hands together and do a sort of evil laugh.)

On a side note, this morning I questioned whether we actually got everything from the apartment. Like all of the little things that slipped between the counter and the fridge. What are those things, and what will become of them?

3 comments:

  1. It's always difficult to move on! All the best for your new journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new place. It looks pretty cute from the pictures you posted before -- lots of character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us be the first house guests :)

    ReplyDelete