Monday, April 16, 2012

I WANT TO RIDE MY BIKE!

Battle wounds.

Finally! I'm back in the saddle! Andrew picked up my bike today from its tune-up, and we were able to take it for a spin. We hit up the bike path behind our apartment, and we were off! (I promise more action shots next time.)


Because it was a little chilly for a ride, I opted for jeans and a sweatshirt. I rolled my pant leg up in about the first 1/2 mile of our trip. Andrew said I looked ridiculous, and I didn't realize how ridiculous until I saw my picture. I promise to wear proper riding gear once it gets a little warmer. I can't wait to break out the padded butt shorts!


I think Andrew was more than excited to break in his latest purchase. One thing he did mention was that he didn't like his seat. It was then that I reminded him that no bike seat is "comfortable." I promised him some padded butt shorts too.


We weren't the only ones that wanted to go for a ride. A couple of days ago, we got a great picture of Calypso eager to hit the road. Admittedly, it was a little staged, but cute nonetheless.

With all the riding we are planning, maybe we can do RAGBRAI as our next big adventure! Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment