Monday, December 26, 2011

CHRISTMAS 2011

Despite my lack of Christmas enthusiasm, my holiday weekend was fun and far too short.


After work on Friday, we headed to my hometown for a weekend full of festivities. Well, I guess we didn't go straight to Woodbine. We passed right through to go to a surprise bday party in Dunlap for my good friend Katie's sister. She was surprised and it was great to catch up with everyone.


After the party, we checked in with my sisters at the Buffalo Club and then went back to Katie's for what is quickly turning into a yearly (or bi-yearly with trips to Andrew's parents house) poker tournament. Oh, how I love these tournaments! Maybe it's because I won that past two tournaments. Yeah, I think that might have something to do with it. We didn't get back to my parents place until (drumroll please...) 2:30 am! Good grief! Party animals.


Saturday was spent lounging around, watching football, making cookies, doing puzzles, and eating more food than anyone should every consume in a day.

This is the best pic. We couldn't slow down and waste time with pics.

My sister even brought her roommates dog, Willa! She is quite possibly the cutest bulldog ever. And she loves me. That night, we went to the 11 pm church service that didn't end until 12:30 am. I love you all, but that is far too long. I was tired, yo! And don't they know that Santa is coming? Needless to say, I went to bed ASAP.

And what did I find when I woke up? Santa had come! He is the best. Presents galore!

This is what half of my Santa looks like!

We had to wait for my brother and sister-in-law to arrive before we could start, but it was worth the wait. I'm now the proud owner of:
- Willow Tree Three Wise Men
- Perfume
- Pepper spray (My dad thought this was a very logical gift for all of the girls this year. At least it's pink!)
- Visa gift card (I'm think leather boots are in my near future)


Other than driving Pops home and catching the second half of the Packers game that pretty much ended our night. And after such a long weekend, I got some much needed rest!

What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment