Monday, November 7, 2011

WEEKEND RECAP: HALLOWEEN & NOV 4 - 6

You can two weekend in one post this week! Lucky you!

I will start with Halloween. Last weekend we went to Andrew's parents after work on Friday. Unfortunately this meant that we couldn't watch game seven of the World Series, but we were able to listen to it on the radio for most of our six hour drive. Go Cards!


On Saturday, we spent the day hauling salt for Jim and Steph, having lunch with Andrew's grandparents, and carving pumpkins. I love carving pumpkins! Before I knew it, it was time to get read for the scavenger hunt! Are you ready to see my costume? Drum roll....


Mary Poppins! Early that week, my friend Mallory told me that she didn't know who Mary Poppins was. Unspeakable! After I told Andrew about this, he confessed he hadn't seen the movie either. What is wrong with you people?!


The other cosumes were: Jenny and Chris as meatballs. Jim and Steph as hippies. And another classic costume by Andrew, he went as his dad.



The scavenger hunt was fun and cold! I hope we can go back for other events at the local country club. Those people really know how to have a good time.

This week, we got to stay home! Freaking yes! No driving. Have I mentioned how much I hate all the driving we have been doing. The amount of gas and miles we have put on Andrew's car is disgusting. And it's all over for awhile. So, I'm thankful when Mat and Ashley said they wanted to come visit us!


Friday: Jason and Laura joined us at our apartment for some beers and games. I think we all forgot how old we were for a minute when we thought it was a good idea to play drinking games. I will never ride that bus again!


Saturday: We went to the Joslyn Art Museum! It is free on Saturdays until noon, and I really loved it! You know what else I love? Lunch at Wheatfields. YUM! Followed by a stroll around the Old Market and then a nap. Then I was off to babysit, while Andrew showed them one of our favorite hole-in-the-wall bars, Mai Tai Lounge. After getting incredibly freaked out while babysitting after the power went out...twice (thank you Paranormal Activity and American Horror Story), I met them at Crescent Moon where I was serenaded by Mat, Ashley, and Andrew singing Wonderwall by Oasis. What a great way to end the night.

1 comment: