Monday, October 31, 2011

MONDAY

+
Today I got frustrated. I was short-tempered. I didn't want to do the things that were required of me.

I guess that's what you call a Monday.

I don't like it when I get like this. I listen to others around me be so patient and have so much love in their voice. I want to be like that, and I get disappointed when I'm not. But I will try to remember to love myself anyway.

"I must learn to love the fool in me--the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." -- Theodore I. Rubin, MD

(via A CUP OF JO)

No comments:

Post a Comment