Thursday, September 15, 2011

REALITY


I'm back to reality. And back to blogging! After a full week of honeymooning/vacationing/sightseeing, it's back to the grind stone. This mess was patiently waiting for me upon my return. Welcome home!


Although my Tuesday was supposed to by solely dedicated to relaxing, napping, and reading (naps are always needed after vacations), I couldn't do anything but squirm when I looked at this mess. Oh, boy. After working over 10 hours on this pig pen, it looked like I barely made headway, and I started wondering if I should have used some wedding money to hire a cleaning team for a few hours.


Last night was again spent organizing, doing dishes, and finishing the last of the vacation laundry. Geez. And the fun doesn't stop there, tonight we are doing wedding returns. But, man, I am so glad to be back. After about five days, I was ready to return. I had a lot of fun, but we packed a lot into our days in Vancouver and I was worn out! I was ready to return to a regular schedule with food that I cooked myself and my own bed. Oh, and don't forget the kitties!

I was also excited to return to work. I really missed the people I work with and all of the volunteers. I was pleasantly surprised to walk in and find this at my desk.

My coworker, Jenny, supplied what she called "wedding vomit" aka balloons, streamers, and signs. Suzie supplied the Panera bagels. Yum! What a good way to start my work week. It didn't hurt that it was Wednesday either. Three day work week, yes please!


Next up: Honeymoon recap!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great time!! Loved seeing you, but made me miss you more and realized we need to see each other more often, so another trip soon will have to be in the works!!

    ReplyDelete