Tuesday, September 20, 2011

HONEYMOON: DAY 1 & 2

So, guess what? I'm breaking this honeymoon down into days and multiple posts. Why? Because I can. Also, because we bought a new lens and we practiced a lot! Ready for the break down? Let's go!

Andrew driving (& texting. I hate this.), Vancouver sign, buses don't run on gas, and Vancouver skyline

Day 1 - Up at the crack of dawn to catch our cab to the airport. 4:30 am to be exact. We arrive in Seattle and head out to pick up the rental. Do you homework. We didn't do the research and purchased the extra insurance because we didn't know what our actually covered. Oops! But I'm so glad we decided to drive to Vancouver. The drive was relaxing and beautiful, and I even got to nap.

Bad room, good room, & give me a $32 beer.

Then we arrived at the hotel... There was no air conditioning. I cried. And then called to ask if we could be moved to another room because the one online looked like a suite and this one looked like a college dorm room. They told me this was a free upgrade. Then they showed us our new room. Thank the Lord! Air conditioning! A soaking tub! Granite counter tops! Whoop! We hit up Morrissey's Pub for some grub and pints. With full bellies, we stopped by the corner liquor store for a 12-pack. Sticker shock! We grabbed a Granville Island Brewery - $32 for a local brewery. Wanna know how much a 24-pack of Bud Light was... $50! We were sleeping by 8:30 pm. We are so cool.


Day 2 - Oh, Starbucks. How I love you and your Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Just what we needed to start the day. It was time for an adventure. To Stanley Park!


We walked around, checked out the aquarium (I now want a pet otter), and saw the totem poles.


We refueled at the Stanley Park restaurant (it was so-so) and then decided to go shopping. But not before we hit up the local Bar and Grill for an afternoon drink. (Again, $4 for a pint... what a bargain! Not even kidding here. Also, they are not called sweet potato fries, but yam fries.) Then we bought the new lens! Let the fun and games begin!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the pic of Andy swinging is hilarious! I can't wait to see pics from your next few days!! =D So far, sounds like the expensive beer is the only real complaint, thank goodness you ended up with the hotel room you planned for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing at putting together pictures! They tell little stories and I love it.

    ReplyDelete