So like I said before, the edible marker was a complete fail. To top it off, there were no candy writers (yes, these are different than edible marker, who knew?) to be found within 25 miles (I might be exaggerating) of 68154. So I substituted with black dye that I put into my regular candy coating. DON'T DO THIS. It's harder than heck. I had to use a toothpick to try and work out the eyes and mouth. Yikes.
In the end, some of them turned out better (see above) than others (see below). But they did look pretty darn cute all together. I think next time I will try to start with something a little simplier. And if you were wondering, there is no way in h--- that I will be making cake pops for the wedding.
Now, if we could please have a moment of silence for the cake pops that didn't see the light of day. I call this masterpeice "cake pop graveyard." It was a collection plate of every cake pop that fell apart. All of them except for the one sticking straight up. I didn't have any styrofoam left for this one to dry in so I substitued with the graveyard. Don't worry, it was just Andrew's cake pop.
If you plan on making cake pops in the future, please let me know so I can pray for you in advance.