Friday, June 24, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: MARY HIGGINS CLARK & TINA FEY

Two Little Girls in Blue - Ever since I was in Jr. High, I loved reading Mary Higgins Clark. They are such easy reads and the plots have always been up to par. This is the exception. I am convinced that she was on a deadline and took the easy way out. And here are the reasons why:



- The kidnapped twins were conjoined by the finger at birth and therefore have a special connection so that they can "twin talk" and feel each other's pain even while miles apart. Right...

-There were two other couples in the story that also had tragic stories of losing twins making them suspects. Give me a break!

- One of the kidnappers just happened to be the personal driver of the mayor who volunteered to be the go-between for the family of the twins and the kidnappers. How convenient...

The pieces fit so perfectly together. Barf. This isn't a mystery! How about you just open your eyes! Or maybe just ask your daughter where her twin is (they have "twin talk", remember?) What a disappointment.

Last night, I started reading Tina Fey's new book Bossypants! After being on the waiting list at the library for ages, it is finally my turn. On the way home from picking it up from the library, I couldn't stop laughing at the "reviews" on the back cover.



Now I am 40 pages in, and I'm still not thrilled. WHAT? I know... I'm disappointed too. I refuse to give up though. I didn't give up on M.H.C. and I won't give up on T.F. either. Don't let me down! Full report soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment