Monday, May 30, 2011

WEEKEND RECAP: MAY 27 - 30

I hope everyone is enjoying/enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend. Although my weekend isn't quite over yet, I thought I would give you an update.

Our original plan for the weekend was to go to Galesburg to visit Andrew's family. But after a mid-week wedding freak out, I thought it would be best if I stayed behind to get some stuff done. So my weekend has included a lot of cleaning (it needed to happen) and random wedding stuff.

The kitties kept me entertained and provided excellent company this weekend.

Saturday: One of these wedding tasks left me walking around the mall wondering why all women's intimates (lingerie, bras, shape-wear) don't come in my size, are so freaking expensive, or just plain ugly. Other than that, I got a bookcase from John and Amanda. Thanks guys! And I was finally able to put their book in their proper place! Color coded nonetheless. Jealous? You should be.



Yesterday, I went to my parents house with my grandpa. On the way there, we stopped at the cemetery where my grandma and uncle are buried. It was nice to be able to visit their sites and pay our respects. The drive after the cemetery is another story. We got lost. With no GPS, no sun, and no signs to point us in the right direction, we were lost for the better part of an hour driving around SW Iowa. I think I'm going to buy a compass until I can afford an iPhone. Geez...

The fun didn't stop there! I found out my dad bought a new motorcycle! How cool is that? We wanted to look up more info about it online... but the computer had a virus. I then spent much of the afternoon uninstalling unnecessary games and programs from there computer. What a headache!

He says it might be too big for me.. and 800 lb motorcycle ain't got nothing on me!

After that, I needed to get started on my wedding rehearsal dress. Wrong pattern size. But how cute is this dress?!? Let's hope I can finish it on time and without too many mistakes. (That's where my mom comes in. She is pretty awesome.)



Ok, Sunday. You win! I then headed home and relaxed for the rest of the evening, missing my friend's grill out and forgetting the dip I made for their party on the counter. Gross...

Monday: I have already went for a walk, written this blog post, and later today I am meeting with someone for a potential part-time job opportunity! Go me! And the best part about today, Andrew comes home! Yah!

2 comments:

  1. Love your rehearsal dress! I can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love th bookcase!! How cute :) I might have to steal that idea, even though our book case is just in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete