Friday, May 27, 2011

VEGAS 2011


Day 1: Vacation time! After getting off the plane, renting our car, and checking into the place, it was time to explore. My first purchase, t-shirts from H&M. I didn't have much shopping time or I would have made a much bigger dent in my wallet. Lots and lots of walking up and down the strip. It ended with dinner at the Harley Davidson restaurant. Our waitress was awesome! If I could remember her name, I would write them a letter.



Day 2: Hoover Dam day! This was my favorite thing that we saw! Super cool stuff. Next time you go to Vegas, add this to your must-see list. But first, a stop by the Pawn Shop from the show Pawn Stars. My mom bought a ring from there! Then to fill our bellies with In & Out Burger. Why don't we have these in NE? WHY? Ok, now time for Hoover Dam! And on the way back, a stop at Sam's Town for some bottomless margs and money winning on the roulette table. Boo-ya! Can you tell that Tuesday was my fav day?


Day 3: We spent the day riding the monorail, trying to find everyone, looking at lions (MGM), going to the salon (pedi = awesome!), and finally going out for a proper night on the town! Fremont Street, here we come! Fun, fun, fun! Everyone had too many drinks, and I won money! This is what Vegas is all about, right?!?! (Can we all agree that my point and shoot takes shitty pictures? Ugh)


Day 4: We were all getting tired of each other and Vegas. We didn't plan a lot for the day, but a few of us did make sure to catch a ride on the gondolas in the Venetian. Interesting story: Our gondola host had lived in Omaha for a number of years while stationed at Offutt Air Force Base. While living here, he worked at Lansky's Pizza. And now you know the rest of the story.

That night we grilled out, swam, and saw the super cheesy Sirens of TI show. Next time you are in Vegas, don't go to this. Later, I played some more Roulette, and Andrew and I turned in early after picking up our last late night meal in Vegas.

Day 5: Ok, now we are really tired and ready to go home. Everyone is complaining, and our feet hurt. Nevertheless, we hit up M&M World (I don't recommend this either) and at lunch at Earl of Sandwich (YUM!) Finally, time to go home! YAH!

1 comment: