Thursday, March 10, 2011

LENT

Last night marked the first time that I went to church by myself. Although I was apprehensive about going to a new church by myself, I knew that if it was something I really wanted to do, I just had to do it. I can't keep making excuses. Although the seating arrangement for the service was awkward (we were in a circle...weird), the people were friendly and there were even a few people my age! Maybe I will try them out on a Sunday.

Now on to the important part, what to give up for lent. Ummm. I really enjoy things like facebook, social drinking, candy/junk food, and reality tv. I usually tell myself that I will give those things up next year. Well, this year was no exception.

Although I probably should have put more thought and preparation into this, here is my list that has been narrowed down:

- No complaining: Mallory usually hears most of this, and she is a good sport, but enough is enough.

- Less time on the computer: I can't even begin to list the numerous things I could do if I wasn't on the computer so much. Is it wrong that one of the things I plan on doing instead is conquering Lego Star Wars?

- More home cooking: Please don't look in my freezer. You will find enough frozen dinners to feed a small army.

So, that's my list. Did you give anything up? Do tell!

1 comment:

  1. Pop and candy for me this year. Our office fridge is full of pop and there is a huge supply of chocolate in candy dishes all over our office for when guests/donors stop by. By the end of the day, I've had a Mt. Dew (which all non-diet pop has what equals 10 tsp. of sugar) and about ten peanut butter cups. Horrible. The temptation is awful. I should try the no complaining though, Matt would appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete