Thursday, February 10, 2011

WEDDING UPDATE: DOILIES & SPRAY CHALK

I plan on having doilies underneath the white vases and on top of the white table cloth to break it up and provide a little something extra to the centerpieces.


The first go around with dying doilies didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Although I was shooting for a dark gray, I got a blue color. It was a disappointment, but I'm ready to try again. And this time, I will have a full cup of salt. Any tips for first-time dyers?


I got this wonderful idea last week! Once it was approved by the coordinator, I was elated. Drum roll please.... sidewalk chalk! I could make a few different stencils and buy some spray chalk and like magic, we will have cues to guide the guests from the parking ramp to the ceremony and then to the reception. The wedding coordinator told me that she liked my idea so much that she mentioned it to another bride! Now, I just need to think of some stencil ideas. Suggestions are welcome!


Last Saturday, we met with the caterer and set our menu and picked out the table layout. We also got to check out the hotel. I should have taken some pictures because our room for the wedding night is AWESOME! It has 1 1/2 baths. That's just nutty and maybe a little excessive, but we are totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the ideas!!! Sounds great! Your wedding is going to be so perfect!

    ReplyDelete