Monday, December 6, 2010

WEEKEND - PAYPAL PARTY, TREE, FOOD

Friday night, we attended the yearly holiday party thrown by PayPal. Their food is always awesome and the prizes that they give out are even better! I'm determined to win next year! We hung out with our friend Trevor and met some of his coworkers too.



We stuck around for dessert and then met up with Brandon, Justin, and Brandon's friend Beth for drinks at his place before heading out to Myth. That night's special was a Hot Cider drink. They served them in the cutest mugs! I can't wait to go back on a night when I'm not the designated driver.


Saturday was full of good food and shopping! Andrew took me to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and I got us dessert - Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. It was at this time that I told him I may want some a slice of this heaven for my birthday cake.

Although Andrew had good luck with his Christmas shopping list, I didn't seem to find much. That night, we babysat and watched the Husker game. Nothing too exciting...

Yesterday, we headed to Woodbine to help my family pick out the Christmas tree. We went to a farm in Logan. It did not take us long at all! Brrrrr.

Welcome to the Carhartt convention!


Sisterly love!
We used Andrew as  measurement for tree height.
Chris hauling away our loot.

After that, we all headed back to the house. Pops, Tom, Jesse, Kelsey, and Deakin all came over for dinner made by yours truly! There wasn't too much excitement, but Pops napped, we all passed around Deakin, Mikey did homework, and Lin and I took over the kitchen.





On the menu, white lasagna and parmesan knots.

I got a lot of ho-hums about the lasagna (mushrooms, carrots, white sauce, under-cooked noodles). I had no idea I was going to be cooking for a panel of judges.


The one thing we all agreed on was that the knots were yummy and fun to make!


And the pan of s'mores bars that Mom made didn't seem to last too long!


I hope everyone else had a good weekend. What did you do?

1 comment: