Wednesday, December 22, 2010

TOUGH LOVE

I love my tortoises. I really do. But I can't help but be frustrated with Gary right now.

Gary

Gary has been biting Greta's legs in an attempt to mate with her. Nipping at the legs is part of mating, but they will have to be separated until Greta heals to avoid infection.

Greta

I know that he is only doing what is natural. But Greta is hurt, and it hurts me to see her in pain...

Andrew cleaning up the tank before we split it in half.

Does anyone else have tortoises? Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. We used to have tortoises years back......like in 96. I was 4-5 years old then. And we had a huge house with a huge garden and we let them roam about. Brings back memories. Can't comment on what to do..but until she heals I guess. Google ?

    ReplyDelete