Vegetable Pie with a Zucchini Crust
Recipe by Lori Smith
4 zucchini, shredded and patted dry with paper towels
2 1/2 cups of mozzarella, divided
2 tomatoes, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4 oz of mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 basil leaves, chopped
Dried oregano, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray. - Ok, so I totally forgot to spray the bottom of the pan. Oops! Also, I need to invest in large casserole dishes. I do not recommend using the 9x13 like I used.
2. After you grate the zucchini, pat it dry with a few paper towels, removing as much moisture as possible. She is not kidding. DO this to the best of your ability. I was hunger and impatient - another oops. I think next time I will grate onto a towel, pat dry, and then let it continue to air dry for a bit.
3. Combine the zucchini with the eggs and 2 cups of mozzarella. Push the zucchini firmly into the casserole dish, forming a crust. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, if desired. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
|This is what happens when you are impatient.|
5. Place into the oven and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Clean up your mess, you slob!
6. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy. - She isn't kidding here either. Enjoy this! It's good!
I think I would def. make this recipe again! But maybe add some chicken next time....shhh, don't tell!