Tuesday, October 12, 2010

WEDDING UPDATE: WEEK 1

Well, it has now been one month (as of October 11th) that Andrew and I have been engaged. I feel like I have gotten a lot accomplished since then, but I will now be posting weekly updates to let you know what I'm up to, ask you for advice, and vent about frustrations/celebrate successes.

So far, I have:
1. Met with our wedding coordinator - She is pretty awesome!

2. Shopped for and ordered my wedding dress - I'm not letting anyone see or know anything about my dress except for my mom and future mother-in-law. Some things are just fun to keep a secret!

3. Picked out attire for bridesmaids - They will be picking out whatever dress they want. The rules are: It must be gray and knee length. Oh, and yellow shoes.

4. Selected a venue for the ceremony and reception - Ceremony: Lago Courtyard at ISU, Reception: Memorial Union at ISU (where we met while working together at the book store)

5. Started purchasing centerpeices - Milk glass vases!

6. And so much more!

This week, I'm working on:
1. Making a master guest list
2. Putting together an idea board for the guys outfits
3. Hunting for a vintage cake stand
4. Paying for the venues
5. Contacting our officiant
6. Getting quotes for the chairs to be used at the ceremony

I think that's about it! Hopefully, I will be able to take more pictures along the way. Now, I just need to get my point and shoot camera fixed...

4 comments:

  1. who are you planning on marrying you two?

    great plans, btw! you impress me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting - a couple things especially - milk glass and the yellow shoes - I like it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm going to start working on your Mom to give me a few hints about your dress. Think she will????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - We plan on having our friend Emily marry us. She knows both of us and it will def. make it more personal.

    Carolyn - You can try but she was sworn to secrecy!

    ReplyDelete