Thursday, July 15, 2010

FLORIDA: DAY 4 & 5


As the trip was winding down, I wanted to make sure I took in some of the rich history that St. Augustine has to offer. (It is the oldest town in the US!)

We made plans and took to the city to see some of the sites including....

Ripley's Believe It Or Not


It met all of my vacation criteria, interesting and historic.


This picture is for my dad! I thought it was so cool that it was made from clothespins.

Afterward, we headed to the Castillo de San Marcos. It is a historical monument in the heart of the Old City. Currently, it's the oldest masonry fort in the United States. 


It was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip. I love learning while on vacation! It didn't hurt that it had been featured on a few of our favorite ghost shows either.

Speaking of ghosts.... We went on a ghost tour! Boo!



It was my first ghost tour, and it was a lot of fun! I don't think I was scared on it, but it was cool to hear all of the different stories.


Later we met up with the rest of our group (family), and headed to the beach to attempt to finish off the rest of our fireworks stash. It was short lived because of a rouge bottle rocket, but we saved the rest for our next trip.

Also that night, I saw my first shooting star! I could not have been more excited! (Thanks Jodi!)

 The next day, it was time to come home. Andrew and I spent the morning in the Old City. I picked up some presents for my family back home, and we chowed down on some awesome pretzels from Der Pretzel Haus.


Can't you tell from Andrew's face that he was in love?


We said goodbye to Florida and to Broc for now. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through your sis! Cute pictures. Sounds like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete