Thursday, July 15, 2010

FLORIDA: DAY 3

The 3rd day of the trip was the 4th of July, and the weather couldn't have been better. So, we took full advantage of it!

We spent most of the day at the beach lounging around and enjoying the sun. I didn't take my camera with me to protect it from the normal elements (sand and water = camera killer!). I wish I had though... because I was able to see my friend Laura Adamson! She decided to spend the day in St. Augustine with a couple of friends from school. It was so good to see her.

But the evidence of this gorgeous day is evident in all of the pictures from here on out. I got burnt! Apparently, I need to reapply sunscreen every hour! I should have known.

That night we decided to have grill back at our place. Everyone was there and there was too much good food! I enjoyed every bite of it.


We also had a chance to meet a few new friends. Introducing our new neighbors....


And another friend who decided to drop by, Broc. We actually found him under Jenny's bed, and I decided that he will now accompany us on ALL Flater family vacations. Expect to see more of him in the future!


The best part of the day came when we took our fireworks to the beach. (Thanks Jim!) If you remember, Jim, Stephanie, Jenny, and Chris's flight was can canceled in Memphis. As unfortunate as it was, it was also an opportunity to get some explosives to celebrate the 4th right!


The girls controlled most of the Roman candles (my new favorite!), and we let the guys handle the big guns. It was a blast!


The night ended with some more adult beverages and lots of much needed rest. The sun really wipes you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment