Monday, July 26, 2010

BOOKS

Tonight, I will finish reading The Devil In The White City by Erik Larson. What a great read! I really enjoyed all of the history and fun facts it contained.


For example, did you know that Louis Sullivan, the architect for the Transportation Building, fired Frank Lloyd Wright? Or that the original Ferris Wheel held 2,000 passengers?

I mostly loved that all of the quotes came from a letter, memoir, or other written document.

Up next on my reading list:

Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter  by Seth Grahame-Smith

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs : A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman

They are actually being held for me at the library now! I'm so excited!

Have you read either of these books? What is on your summer reading list?

6 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for Eat, Pray, Love and Water for Elephants to come in from my hold list at the library. Hope they do soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both of those on my read list too! Let me know if you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, when Water Fore Elephants comes out next year look for me! I was an extra for 3 days on the set of that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water for Elephants is really good. I totally recommend The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf. Let me know what you think of the Abe Lincoln book...it's look interesting. Currently, I am rereading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and my next book is going to be The Help by Kathryn Sockett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs?! Who wouldn't want to read a book like that. Totally adding that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know what you think of Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, I've wanted to read that, but haven't had the chance!

    ReplyDelete